Re: Octave v4.4 in PPA

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: Octave v4.4 in PPA
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 15:11:13 +0200

Am 29. Mai 2018 14:28:05 MESZ schrieb Richard Crozier <address@hidden>:
>Dear list,
>
>Are there any plans to update the "GNU Octave stable releases" Ubuntu
>ppa with the latest release (4.4)? I might be able to help with this if
>
>there are specific tasks that need done to make this happen.
>
>Regards,
>
>Richard

Dear Richard,

I guess that the Ubuntu PPA will be updated after upgrading Octave to version
4.4 in Debian.

The latter is currently delayed, because several Octave Forge packages are not
compatible with Octave 4.4 anymore. There has been some progress lately with
new package releases on Octave Forge. IIRC, these haven't been pushed in Debian
yet. Also some packages still might need some work to become compatible with
Octave 4.4.

Best
Oliver