Re: building docs

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: building docs
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:39:34 -0600

On 12/03/2013 10:31 AM, Rik wrote:
On 12/03/2013 07:05 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 00:55:42 -0600
From: Daniel J Sebald<address@hidden>
To: Rik<address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

On 12/03/2013 12:49 AM, Rik wrote:
[snip]
I tried the above sequence after using ssh to connect to my local machine.
I ran both with and without X11 forwarding and the eps file was generated
correctly.
Does the ssh link allow

../../run-octave

by itself to create the GUI?
I tried it both ways.  With 'ssh -x' which disables X11 forwarding I get a
message that the GUI is disabled and I am dropped into a CLI mode.

That's nice behavior.

  With
'ssh -X' I can open the GUI.

Not quite the same if the GUI remains active.

I will investigate this later; it's not urgent. I will see if I can isolate the changeset where things changed and create a patch that makes the behavior similar to the above.

Thanks,

Dan