Re: waitbar function

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: waitbar function
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 16:34:13 +0000

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> OK, what is "correctly"?  So
>
>  h = figure ('integerhandle', 'off')
>  set ('integerhandle', 'on')
>
> renumbers the figure?

I guess so, but we should check compatibility with Matlab. Though
changing the property after figure creation can be done in a second
step. You could just ignore it and simply honor the property at
creation time. That would provide enough support to implement waitbar.

Allowing to change the figure handle will be a minor issue in FLTK
backend, as it manages an internal map between handles and FLTK
objects.

> Should it be possible to do
>
>  waitbar (0.1, 'message', 'integerhandle', 'on');

I suppose so.

Michael.