Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:03:43 -0400

On Jun 22, 2011, at 3:53 PM, fork wrote:

> Ben Abbott <bpabbott <at> mac.com> writes:
>
>> My thought is that more users are better than less. I appreciate the trouble
>> and frustration related to those who expect active support for fee ... very
>> annoying crowd for me.
>
> When you say "expect active support for free" what do you mean?  Is this
> asking
> silly questions on the newsgroup?

Nothing like that. I was thinking of those who make demands, as if the
development community is waiting with baited breath for them to call us into
action. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it is becomes less than
motivating to offer help.

On the positive side, I noticed a windows user has just asked a question about
building Octave using VC 2008.

We certainly could use more windows developers here.

Ben