Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:52:56 -0400

On Jun 22, 2011, at 8:17 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> In the end, that episode, plus the constant "get yourself a better
> compiler" answer I got when reporting compilation issues with
> MSVC, just removed all the fun I had in providing MSVC
> binaries for octave. So I dropped the whole stuff and continued
> to support MSVC just for myself.

Very unfortunate. I also find judgmental busy-bodies to be annoying, and
demotivating.

I expect that Octave has more to gain from Windows and MacOS users than there
are liabilities, and am troubled by the decreased support for Windows and
rumored changes to development on MacOS (clang and such) which may make using
gcc more difficult.

Ben