Re: deprecated functions

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: deprecated functions
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:49:40 +0100

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Jason Riedy <address@hidden> wrote:
> And Jaroslav Hajek writes:
>> Do you mean you relied on the extended version already in your code?
>
> Yes.  What's worse: The new diagonal matrices make sparse matrices
> dense.  They're worse than useless to me right now.

This comment is worse than useless. What exactly is working incorrectly?

> Working on diag&sparse ops right now, but feel free to beat me to it.

For backward and matlab compatibility, diagonal matrices are converted
to full when they meet sparse matrices.
We could certainly change it (I'm not basically against), but it's the
kind of change that needs to be widely discussed and justified.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer