Re: pkg netlist

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: pkg netlist
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:53:15 +0100

David Bateman wrote:
> In fact I'd like to introduce the RSA MD5 code into octave itself as it
> is needed for the native language ion, having octave-forge publish a
> file with the package name, version number and MD5 sums and use this for
> integrity checking. I'd like to have something like this file in any
> case to check if packages have been modified, so that only modified
> packages need to be modified and uploaded...
>
> If it is alright with you, I'll propose a patch to add an Fmd5sum function..
> help functions.
>
> Cheers
> David

It is trivial to write an Fmd5sum function for Octave.. Here is an
example using the RSA sample code. For now compile with

mkoctfile -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o md5sum.oct md5sum.cc oct_md5.cc md5.c

But in the end, all but md5sum.cc should go in liboctave and md5sum.cc
should go in src/DLD-FUNCTIONS, and the Makefiles should be adapted
accordingly...

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only