Re: flist -- "Killed" -- oom (*not* 1.8 related)

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: flist -- "Killed" -- oom (*not* 1.8 related)
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 11:26:59 -0500

>From Ken's description above, these 111 messages would allocate almost
>800,000 msgstat structures.  I don't know how huge the message numbers
>get in the results folder, but six digits is common.  I don't recall if
>I've seen seven digit or larger message numbers.

I see Conrad pointed out that if you set "sort=date+" in your .mairixc
then this resolves this issue (but I do not know if that has negative
side effects or if that interacts badly with MH-E).

This does suggest to me we should probably change the internal API
so sparse message ranges are handled better; right now all of the
programs access the folder structure members directly and assume that
there will be a msgstat structure in every location in the array.
Sigh.  One more thing to add to the list.

--Ken