Re: flist -- "Killed" -- oom (*not* 1.8 related)

From: George Michaelson
Subject: Re: flist -- "Killed" -- oom (*not* 1.8 related)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 08:18:55 +1000

I've always done sortm -verbose after big delete fests. verbose because I love watching the towers of hanoi shuffle along.

lots of GUI mail systems have 'compact mailbox' command options. I assumed that everyone did periodic tidyup anyway.

I'm not saying this isn't a problem. But, I seriously wonder how BIG a problem this is. If you can renumber out of it, then isn't that a viable work-around?

-G