Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 10:09:07 +0100

Hi Steven,

> Recently I've been seeing this message when sending email with an
> attached .mp3 file:
>
>    mhbuild: extraneous information in message /home/smw/Mail/drafts/1's
>
> I've appended the Fcc copy of a typical message, in which the Content-Type:
> field for the attachment is

The complaint about ‘/octet-stream’ coupled with the trailing
‘application’ after ‘audio/mpeg’ looks like two things are being
combined, e.g. ‘audio/mpeg application/octet-stream’.

- How do you attach the MP3 file?
- How does mhbuild get run, in case it's important, e.g. do you type
  ‘mime’ at whatnow(1)?
- Can we see a draft before mhbuild gets run?
- What does ‘file -i’ give on the MP3 file?
- What's ‘folder -version’ yield?

--
Cheers, Ralph.