Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 10:40:02 -0700

Ken wrote:

> Really, you want to look at mhn.defaults.  That's what nmh uses, and that
> has been the ONLY thing that it uses.  mhshow(1) has the details.

Well, that depends.  If your nmh was configured with a mimetypeproc,
then that will be tried first.  See the paragraph containing
Content-Type in the send(1) man page.  My nmh build shows:

    $ mhparam mimetypeproc
    file --brief --dereference --mime-type

So, it tries to use that file(1) command before falling back to
mhn.defaults.  Implementation details are in m4/mimetype.m4 and
sbr/mime_type.[hc].

With that file command, you can add custom entries to a ~/.magic file,
though I have not had to do that for a long time.

David