Re: [nmh-workers] Multiple identities and envelope-from

From: Conrad Hughes
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Multiple identities and envelope-from
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 22:12:47 +0100

> How exactly are you submitting email?  smtp, sendmail/smtp, or sendmail/pipe?

sendmail/pipe, the reduced functionality one.  But if I telnet 25 it
seems to invoke exim directly, and changing my mts.conf to 'smtp'
(server was already localhost) accordingly seems to work.

.. and the envelope-from is now correctly 'address@hidden', so all
appears to be fine from just making that switch to smtp.

Is there anything potentially problematic I should be aware of about
invoking via smtp like this, instead of pipe?

Otherwise thanks very much for a very quick solution!

C.