Re: [nmh-workers] Multiple identities and envelope-from

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Multiple identities and envelope-from
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 16:57:17 -0400

>Anybody have something like this working better?

To expand on this a bit ... yes, I believe I do.

I have configured post(8) to submit mail via SMTP directly to the
appropriate server based on my From line (I do this for my work email
and my personal email).  I do this via a custom postproc, but this is
not required; you can also use the "sendfrom" profile entries.
In this mode the default SMTP envelope address is based on your From
header and everything works as expected (I don't remember if sendfrom
is in 1.6; it certainly is in 1.7).

See send(1) for the appropriate switches for using SMTP and the details
of sendfrom (hm, it may not have existed directly in send for 1.6, but
it looks like there was contrib/sendfrom).

--Ken