Re: [nmh-workers] success using the OAUTH2 with gmail.

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] success using the OAUTH2 with gmail.
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 11:05:40 -0400

Ken writes:

> It's meant to
> be generic, in theory, but we don't really say anywhere "Hey, we have
> included the right magic for gmail so you just need to say -authservice
> gmail".  We do point to the mhlogin(1) man page, but we don't go into
> great detail there either.

inc(1) man page:

    which must be specified with the -authservice service switch.
    Before using this, the user must authorize nmh by running
    mhlogin and granting authorization to that account.  See
    mhlogin(1) for more details.

mhlogin(1) man page:

    mhlogin currently only supports OAuth for Gmail.  Run mhlogin
    -user username -saslmech xoauth2 -authservice gmail

    even though only Gmail is supported out of the box

Updates welcome.

David