Re: [nmh-workers] fetchmail and SNI (and pop.gmail.com)

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] fetchmail and SNI (and pop.gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 12:18:25 -0400

>> It seems that fetchmail doesn't enable SNI for it's TLS connection
>
>Try adding `--sslproto TLS1' to fetchmail's arguments.

I guess the core issue is that for Google servers when using TLS 1.2 SNI
isn't required, but for TLS 1.3 it is; well, let me rephrase that.  If
you negotiate TLS 1.3 you get the bogus certificate if you don't send a
SNI.  But it seems like the 'right' solution is we should be sending a
SNI to avoid this problem?

--Ken