Re[2]: [Nel] Compiling Object Viewer w/Release config

From: Robert Bjarnason
Subject: Re[2]: [Nel] Compiling Object Viewer w/Release config
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:49:38 -0800

Hi Cyril,

Monday, March 04, 2002, 8:24:21 AM, you wrote:
CHC> Ok, i have passed the /Zm option to 400 in release for object viewer.
CHC> Now this option is 400% in release and releasedebug, 500% in debugfast.

I had tried this, but with no luck, I put /Zm500 for Release in
Project->Settings->General->Project Options.  I don't have to
put any /Zm to have the ReleaseDebug compile.  This is super
low priority problem because everything works fine in ReleaseDebug
mode...

>> G:\code\nel\src\3d\anim_detail_trav.cpp(26) : fatal error C1852:
>> '../obj/Release/3d.pch' is not a valid precompiled header file
>> clip_trav.cpp

CHC> Nel3d now uses precompilated headers to speedup compilation time. It looks
like MSVisual have some problems
CHC> to handle this correctly. Try to delete all temporary files by hand
(../obj/*.*) and rebuild all. Then it should be ok.

I've got no problem rebuilding all, just when I make a
small change in one of my client source files it
gives me those errors and I need to recompile the
3d libraries every time I want to compile the
client.

Those problems are probably some local config
issues with my MSVisual, I'll see if I can fix
it...

Thanks,
Robert