Re: [Nel] Feedback

From: Arnaud Bienvenu
Subject: Re: [Nel] Feedback
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:12:29 +0100

Thanks for answering Cedric,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 07:10:15PM +0100, Cedric Valignat wrote:
> Sorry but i i have no clue for that problem :-(

I managed to workaround this problem linking the snowballs 2 client against
libGL.so (by default, libnel_drv_opengl.so is linked against libGL, but not
the snowballs 2 client). I do not know if this is a Linux requirement, or
another bug in RedHat's 7.2 GL librairies. I hope a Linux Guru will give us a
clue.

By the way, the libICE.soh standing instead of libICE.so is obviously a
display bug non related to nel, since I could reproduce it from clean trivial
code.

At last, running the snowballs client, I get this well known error :
INF 5222 client.cpp 145 : Starting Snowballs !
WRN 5222 dru.cpp 95 : when loading dynamic library 'libnel_drv_opengl.so':
/usr/local/lib/libnel_drv_opengl.so: undefined symbol: glSetFenceNV
WRN 5222 common.cpp 392 : Exception will be launched: libnel_drv_opengl.so
not found

I read on this list the problem is due to Fence NV disappearing from
Mesa-3.4 (which I use), and that the nevrax team is working on it. Is it
still the case ?

> I applied the first patch, the second one was already applied when a
> took a look on ii.

The patched versions are not yet available from today's CVS head revision, but
I trust you it's in the pipeline.

Regards,
Arnaud Bienvenu