Re: [Nel] Max 4 plugin and some questions

From: Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Subject: Re: [Nel] Max 4 plugin and some questions
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:09:42 +0200

Hi there,

> > Are there some general guidelines for the process of landscape creation
?
> Is
> > there something special about data organization, etc ? As I currently
> > understand, the artist should first form the tile bank to be able to
> texture
> > the landscape. What I miss is that what the general concepts of the tile
> > bank structure are. What the tile set's children are for, for example ?
> > Next comes the section of questions about the zones. Are there rules (or
> > limits) about how many patches should be in the zone, optimal patch size
> > (curvature), how many zones may be in the landscape, should all zones be
> in
> > the same .max file, etc ?

Just a word to say that we have added the painter plugin in the cvs tree.
(nel/tools/3d/plugin_max/nel_patch_paint).
After your question, we have decided to detach the painter from the
"modified" edit patch plugin.

I will post a compete "how to deal with landscape" answer soon.

Regards,

Cyril Corvazier