Re: [Nel] Max 4 plugin and some questions

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] Max 4 plugin and some questions
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:33:04 +0200

> I've got a habit to not touch the 'directories' tab - the changes there
will
> affect all projects you have on machine and it's easy to come to situation
> where different developers will have different compile environments for
the
> same project. DSPs are under CVS control, so we always know where our
> includes and libs come from.

You're right, but it's not so easy, because putting include dir in the dsp
means that everybody must install external library in the same directory.
For example, I installed directx on my E:\mssdk and my friend install it on
his C:\sdk\dx. Another problem is that we have to set up the directory for
all new project and we have dozen of project!
There's not perfect solution for this problem so we decided to use directory
tab for all libraries (NeL included);

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?