nano-devel

Some questions about nanorc.5

From: Mario Blättermann
Subject: Some questions about nanorc.5
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 22:22:36 +0200

Hello,

while translating nanorc.5, I stumbled upon some things which I don't
understand:

          older
            Retrieves the previous (earlier) entry at a prompt.

          newer
            Retrieves the next (later) entry at a prompt.

Which »prompt« is meant here? A shell prompt or anything else?

          findbracket
            Moves the cursor to the bracket (brace,  parenthesis,  etc.)  that
            matches (pairs) with the one under the cursor.

»bracket«, or do they point to different bracket types, like curly,
square or angle brackets?

Best Regards,
Mario