mustux-devel

Re: Fwd: [Mustux-devel] only read permissions for ./compile

From: reinhard
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Mustux-devel] only read permissions for ./compile
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:57:11 +0100

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 12:50, Martin Herren wrote:
> Remon Sijrier wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> |>So, .. just a guess ... was something going wrong in the process of
> |>creating some of the './compile' files?
> |
> | I don't know if there can be permissions set on CVS files, it should be
> | checked if it could be possible.
>
> no... no permissions and not possible to keep timestamps neither (and
> that was the cause of many autostuff troubles already...)
>
> AFAIK there is an option for CVS to support at some degree file
> permissions and so on (and probably the execution bit)... but this
> option has to be activated at the repository (that means savannah)...
> and if i'm correct this option only works for local CVS repositories...
> and not for CVS server... :-(
>
> But the good thing is CVS won't change the permissions... so once they
> are correctly set (manually), they won't change... at least that's what
> i understood.
>
> /Martin

hi,

again, I think the problem was caused during the initial creation of
'./compile' (on Luciano's machine I think), since I don't have permission
problems when compiling Remon's tarballs at
http://vt.shuis.tudelft.nl/~remon/protux/CVS/
(where ./compile seems to have correct permissions, since he did a 'chhmod +x'
on it) on another machine!

So, I would suggest just to delete ./compile from cvs repository and do a
fresh commit afterwards with correct permissions. RFC

greetings
reinhard