monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Review, please?

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Review, please?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 02:41:53 +0100

Richard Levitte wrote:

> Problem fixed, I had forgotten to adjust monotone-server.monotone.init
> to the name change 'hooks.lua' -> 'serverrc'.

Great. Another issue I've spotted, and apparently has been around for a
while is that the monotone scripts never delete /var/run/monotone. Of
course, it may not exist if /var/run isn't persistent. If it is however,
and isn't deleted when the server package is purged, it can end up owned
by another user/group and the monotone server package will break if it's
reinstalled.

I also note that the monotone database extension is apparently mtn. It
took me quite a while to work out why my bash completion had stopped
working. I think the scripts should auto-complete for both file
extensions. It's rather painful to rename a bunch of databases with
already checked out workspaces. This is not a Debian packaging issue though.

Francis