Re: Configure monit to never unmonitor

From: Bach Nguyen
Subject: Re: Configure monit to never unmonitor
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 17:08:44 -0800

Hi Martin,

This is our monitrc:

# monitrc: Managed by puppet.
#
set daemon 5
set logfile syslog facility log_local3
set idfile /var/lib/monit/id
set statefile /var/lib/monit/state
set eventqueue
    basedir /var/lib/monit/events
    slots 100
set httpd port 2812 and
   use address localhost
   allow 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
   allow admin:monit

include /etc/monit/conf.d/*

———

Our service definition:

check process myservice with pidfile /var/run/myservice.pid
  start program = "/bin/bash -c 'export HOME=/root PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin; cd /root && test -f /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh && . /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh; /usr/bin/myservice 2>&1 | logger -p local3.info -t myservice'"
        as uid root
  stop program = "/bin/bash -c '/bin/kill $(</var/run/myservice.pid)'"
        as uid root

———

Our logs seem to have rotated so I’ll need to dig those up.

Thanks!