Re: Configure monit to never unmonitor

From: SZÉPE Viktor
Subject: Re: Configure monit to never unmonitor
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 21:29:59 +0100

Hello Bach!

There is an ticket on this on Bitbucket.
I was told that unmonitoring is the intended behavior.

In my monit auto setup script there is a cron job
that turns monitoring back on.
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/monitoring/monit/monit-debian-setup.sh#L200-L227

For modern monit-s only! See GitHub history for older monit-s.

Be advised that safely using my software products needs your full understanding of what is being done.

All the best!!
Viktor

Idézem/Quoting Bach Nguyen <address@hidden>:

Hey all,

From the monit docs, I see there’s a way to limit the number of restarts. However, there’s no mention of default behavior of how many restarts monit allows before unmonitoring.

How do I configure monit to never unmonitor, and therefore continue to attempt to restart indefinitely?

Thanks,
Bach