Re: monit 5.16-5.18 changes

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit 5.16-5.18 changes
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 19:12:17 +0200

The problem really seems to be duplicate of the "allow localhost".

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on any of our lab machines and testing
configurations. There most probably is redundancy in your "allow" options -
when monit adds the hostname to the ACL, it resolves it to the IP address.

It seems the your "localhost" hostname may resolve to the same IP address which
corresponds to "xx.xx.xx.xx" in your configuration. Please check localhost
entry in /etc/hosts and try to resolve it using "host localhost".

If the localhost IP address is different from  "xx.xx.xx.xx", please check if
your configuration file has only one "set httpd" statement ... the duplicate
can be caused by second "set httpd" with "allow localhost".

If possible, please send your monit configuration file to address@hidden

Best regards,
Martin