Re: monit 5.16-5.18 changes

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit 5.16-5.18 changes
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 11:51:05 +0200

Hello Jim,

Monit 5.17 or later expands the $HOST variable into the system hostname only.
The FQDN is used only in sender address for alert delivery.

The warning about duplicate localhost warning - please can you post the full
error as reported by monit? If the warning is related to the "set httpd"
statement, it should show up only if you have a duplicate "allow" option with
the same host and the template is:

        Skipping redundant host '<hostname>'

To remove the warning it should be sufficient to just remove the duplicate
allow option - only one will remain and the CLI access will still work.

Best regards,
Martin