Re: notification of (action) restarts aren't sent

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: notification of (action) restarts aren't sent
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 10:13:14 +0200

You just mixed the “<action>” placeholder
(https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/#ACTION) with verbatim “action” event
type (https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/#Setting-an-event-filter) - these
two are not related and the manual doesn’t say that if the rule matches
“action” evet type is triggered.

If you want to suppress the recovery alert and keep only the failure alert, you
can use M/Monit to process alerts - it allows to filter out just success or
failure event types => one mail.