Re: monit start/stop in a synchronous mode

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit start/stop in a synchronous mode
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:38:40 +0200

On 14 Oct 2014, at 13:46, Alainkr <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for you reply Martin but I thing you mixed your reply with another
> post I had.
>
> My issue here is that /usr/bin/monit stop myservice
> returns immediately and doesn't wait for /etc/init.d/myservice stop to
> complete.
>
> Is there a my to have monit cli wait (i've tried -I  but to now avail )
>
> Thanks again
>
> Alain

We have added the CLI wait and result report feature to our TODO list,
currently the CLI just schedules the action and returns immediately.

As a workaround it could be possible to write script which will call "monit
stop service" + then won't return immediately but will poll "monit summary" or
"monit status" to observe the service status and return after the stop finished.

Best regards,