Re: False positive.

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: False positive.
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 16:44:53 +0200

Hello,

if you use "check process ... matching ..." then the fork/clone is problem, as
it creates temporarily non-unique process. It is better to use pidfile based
check in such case:

        check process myprocess with pidfile /path/to/pidfile

You can also suppress the PID/PPID change events:

        set alert address@hidden but not on { pid, ppid }

See Monit manual for mail filter details:
http://www.mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#setting_an_event_filter