Starting & stopping applications depending on AC state

From: Tom Shirpen
Subject: Starting & stopping applications depending on AC state
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 04:53:46 +0000

Hi everyone,

I am new to monit and want to use it to run a couple of applications depending on the AC state of my laptop.

If my laptop is running on battery:

 then start a number of systemd services

if running on AC:

 stop a number of systemd services

I looked for inspiration in some of the existing examples but fail to properly set up a config. This is what I have so far:

check program upower -i /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0 " grep -qP "state:\s*discharging" if status != 0 then exec "/usr/bin/systemctl start application_service"

I would very much appreciate any advice on the right syntax!

Bests,

Tom