Re: Restart with mmonit

From: Bruce MacKenzie
Subject: Re: Restart with mmonit
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:10:20 -0700

ubuntu
check process apache with pidfile /run/apache2.pid start program = "/etc/init.d/apache2 start" with timeout 60 seconds stop program = "/etc/init.d/apache2 stop" if cpu > 60% for 2 cycles then alert if cpu > 80% for 5 cycles then restart if totalmem > 200.0 MB for 5 cycles then restart if children > 250 then restart if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then stop

 check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
 start program "/etc/init.d/ssh start"
 stop program "/etc/init.d/ssh stop"
 if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 22 protocol ssh then restart
 if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

CentOS 6

check process apache with pidfile /var/run/httpd/httpd.pid
    start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start" with timeout 60 seconds
    stop program  = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
    if cpu > 60% for 2 cycles then alert
    if cpu > 80% for 5 cycles then restart
    if totalmem > 200.0 MB for 5 cycles then restart
    if children > 250 then restart
    if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then stop

check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
 start program "/etc/init.d/sshd start"
 stop program "/etc/init.d/sshd stop"
 if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 22 protocol ssh then restart
 if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

CentOS 5

 check process apache with pidfile /var/run/httpd.pid
    start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start" with timeout 60 seconds
    stop program  = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
    if cpu > 60% for 2 cycles then alert
    if cpu > 80% for 5 cycles then restart
    if totalmem > 200.0 MB for 5 cycles then restart
    if children > 250 then restart
    if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then stop

check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
 start program "/etc/init.d/sshd start"
 stop program "/etc/init.d/sshd stop"
 if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 22 protocol ssh then restart
 if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

One thing I’ve noticed because I’ll watch on the server as mmonit does it’s thing. When it works correctly the PID doesn’t go away the number just changes. On the process’ that fail the PID disappears from the place it should be.