Monit times out when stopping unicorn workers if they respawn too quickl

From: Alejandro Riera
Subject: Monit times out when stopping unicorn workers if they respawn too quickly
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:21:51 +0100

Hello everybody,

I'm setting up monit to have it monitor my unicorn workers (a web
server for rails). And I have run into an issue that I'm not
completely able to solve.

I've written down an explanation of whats happening in a question in
Stack Overflow so I just thought it may be worth it to share it in
this list.

The link to the question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15228109/monit-times-out-when-stopping-unicorn-workers-if-they-respawn-too-quickly

Any light on the topic is very much appreciated.

Thank you all,

Alex