Character encoding in mail alert messages

From: Laurent HUBERT
Subject: Character encoding in mail alert messages
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:04:59 +0100

Hi,

I would like to put some messages in my native language. This language contains lot of special characters that are not well encoded by monit, so my messages are not legible.

Is it possible to use UTF-8 to send messages and how ?

If not, what character encoding should I use in monitrc for alert messages definition ?

Is there a way to encode it using HTML ? (I already tried this but it did not work)