Check transmission port

From: Josu Lazkano
Subject: Check transmission port
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:53:48 +0100

Hello list,

I have Monit installed on my Debian server. I have lots of service
monitorized by PID and all of them works great.

But I have problem with transmission-daemon, there is no PID file, but
I can check if the service is working just making a telnet to the
service.

When the service is wrong, this is what happens:

# telnet localhost 9091
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...

And this is when the service is working:

# telnet localhost 9091
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

When the service is wrong, I just restart the service and it works great.

How could I configure the transmission configuration?

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano