Re: Error to send alert mail

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Error to send alert mail
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:13:54 +0200

Hello,

the error is most probably caused by timeout ... the default timeout is 30s for
monit 5.5. I have tested Gmail with the following configuration (matches you
settings) and it works OK for me:

--8<--
set mailserver smtp.gmail.com port 587
   username "address@hidden" password "******"
   using tlsv1
--8<--

Please can you get network trace of the communication between Monit and Gmail?
(for example using tcpdump or wireshark)