Re: Error to send alert mail

From: J1 Simón
Subject: Re: Error to send alert mail
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:39:17 +0200

"/the error is most probably caused by timeout ... the default timeout is 30s for monit 5.5. /"

But, why works with ssmtp and not with monit?

El 17/09/12 12:13, Martin Pala escribió:
Hello,

the error is most probably caused by timeout ... the default timeout is 30s for
monit 5.5. I have tested Gmail with the following configuration (matches you
settings) and it works OK for me:

--8<--
set mailserver smtp.gmail.com port 587
    username "address@hidden" password "******"
    using tlsv1
--8<--

Please can you get network trace of the communication between Monit and Gmail?
(for example using tcpdump or wireshark)