Re: Monit ignore PID -> M/Monit

From: Rui Lapa
Subject: Re: Monit ignore PID -> M/Monit
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:33:55 +0000

Thanks Martin!

Always helpfull!

I'm not responsible for this "pid changed event', this is due to
/etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/ntp used on Ubuntu when DHCP/Interface
changes.

We use this mostly on +200 laptops that move around the country
roaming between different private network ranges.

Since monit is "always on", it's a nice way of knowing device IP
and, if needed, remotely accessing them, besides the normal operator replacement tasks.

    I've noticed this behavior and was wondering if there is a way of
reducing M/Monit processing by disabling this "event".

    I'm not really using M/Monit for this, although I've bought and use one for the server farms.
    For the laptops I use a custom django-monit because we don't need notifications and the integration with operator and helpdesk web based "console".
    I'm now ignoring it, but I still get events and need to parse them.