Re: Monit dependency problem (bug?)

From: Eric Pailleau
Subject: Re: Monit dependency problem (bug?)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:50:50 +0100

Hello,
 I guess the problem is "/usr/bin/monit stop ospfd&&  /usr/bin/monit restart
apache".
 ospdf is depending on apache, so it will be gracefully restarted in right
order when restart apache.
 launching a "monit stop ospfd" will ask monit to stop by user request, so no
restart will be done.

Is it correct, Martin ?

Here is what I have in my apache and ospf configs now:

check process apache with pidfile /var/run/httpd.pid
   start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start"
   stop program  = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
   if does not exist
     then exec "/usr/bin/monit stop ospfd&&  /usr/bin/monit restart apache"
     else if recovered then exec "/usr/bin/monit monitor ospfd"
   if failed host localhost port 80 protocol http
      and request "/" then restart
   if children>  50 then restart
   if 2 restarts within 2 cycles then timeout
   group server
   depends on tomcat
check process ospfd with pidfile /var/run/quagga/ospfd.pid
   start program = "/etc/init.d/ospfd start"
   stop program  = "/etc/init.d/ospfd stop"
   depends on apache
   depends on fcserver
   depends on mysql
   depends on tomcat