Re: Restart issue with HTTPD & SSHD

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Restart issue with HTTPD & SSHD
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 09:32:21 +0100

Hi,

it is possible the start/stop program failed because of some missing environment variable - monit purges the environment when executing the program for security reasons and sets only basic PATH variable. Monit doesn't log the output from the start/stop script by default, you can capture the output by wrapping the program like this:

    start program = "/bin/bash -c '/etc/init.d/httpd start >>/tmp/httpd.output 2>&1'"