Re: Restart issue with HTTPD & SSHD

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Restart issue with HTTPD & SSHD
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 20:58:47 +0100

The restart is just sequence of stop and start programs called by monit. If the stop and start works, the restart should work too.

The /tmp/httpd.output will be created when the start/stop program provide some output. Are you sure you did "monit reload" after the configuration was changed? (the new configuration won't apply until monit is either reloaded or restarted).