Re: MONIT - Install shell only ?

From: Kevin Chadwick
Subject: Re: MONIT - Install shell only ?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:17:35 +0000

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:34:37 +0200
Eric Pailleau <address@hidden> wrote:

> So the root access (password or RSA key) must be given to junior
> administrators .

Must never be given to anyone in my book, I don't even use that
myself more than once per install.

> The web app is a nice way to give access to some people for normal/simple
> administration
> but not as (real) root (like sudoers).

Not if you use sudo properly.

> That limit risks especially when you are on holidays :>) ...
> Regards

fair enough but not as much as giving specific permissions with sudo
and heck even backing that up with systrace, if your still worried.

I run monit as _monit aka OpenBSD style ;-).