Re: MONIT - Install shell only ?

From: Darhl Thomason
Subject: Re: MONIT - Install shell only ?
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 18:45:04 -0700

By default its on port 2812, but you can change that to whatever you want, and you don't have to open the port on your firewall.

I have mine set so you have to ssh tunnel in to see the web interface. In fact, I do that with all my similar web management utilities like postfixadmin, phpmyadmin, webmin, etc. And I don't have ssh running on port 22 to further protect it.