Re: MONIT - Install shell only ?

From: Kevin Chadwick
Subject: Re: MONIT - Install shell only ?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:00:52 +0000

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
Phillip Isaacs <address@hidden> wrote:

> For Monit, is it possible to install only the command line/shell version
> (without the website setup/reporting)?
>
> I would like to keep my installation as light as possible.

I believe yes and no. Unless you enable the web server part then it
won't be listening etc.. Of course the code is still in the binary and I
don't believe you can build without it in order to make it lighter.

I could be wrong with recent versions though (mmonit etc.) and It was
said that monit was undergoing a redevelopment in it's server
relationship recently.

I don't see why it matters on centos though I certainly looked to see
if it was possible too. I guess it would matter a little more to save
memory if ported to meego etc..