Re: Problems : start action status is always "failed to start" when chec

From: James A R Brown
Subject: Re: Problems : start action status is always "failed to start" when check process with matching
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 07:36:22 +0000

You need to put the full path to the app

- eg start app normally
- run "ps -ax"
- In list, find your programme for example
 1610 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd

Then your monitrc needs to be

check process aaa  with matching  "/usr/sbin/sshd*"
   start = "/sbin/service sshd start"
   stop =  "/sbin/service sshs stop"