Re: Customer Alert

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Customer Alert
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:15:14 +0200

Yes, the variable value is accessed using $. The environment variables are described in monit manual: http://www.mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#environment

You can log script output by catching the bash's output:
--8<--
    if does not exist then exec "/bin/bash -c '/usr/local/bin/alert $MONIT_SERVICE $MONIT_EVENT $MONIT_DESCRIPTION && /usr/local/bin/monit restart test_processor' >/tmp/exec.out 2>&&1"
--8<--

You can use normal shel debugging techniques in the shel command ('set -v', etc.)

Martin