Re: [monit] mail format for resource succeeded messages...

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] mail format for resource succeeded messages...
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:18:59 +0100

The configuration is OK.

The mail-format is shared for both failure and success mails - the same function is used to deliver both events which expands the mail-format template the same way.

I have tested now using cvs bits (upcoming monit-5.0) and it works fine. I used following template:

--8<--
set mail-format
  { from: address@hidden
    subject: TESTSUBJ $SERVICE
    message:
TESTBODY
$ACTION
$SERVICE
$DESCRIPTION}
--8<--

Then i killed one monitored service so monit sent failure event, restarted the service and sent success event ... both emails came with correct template.

What problem exactly you see? How the failure emails differ from success emails when it comes to mail-format template and where it doesn't match the expaction? What is the monit version?

Thanks,
Martin

Chris Charman wrote:
My mail-format related config:

#
# Monit control file
#
set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
set alert address@hidden
set httpd port 2812 and use address PUBLIC_HOSTNAME
     allow user:password # Allow Basic Auth

set mail-format {
   from: address@hidden
   subject: $SERVICE: $EVENT at $DATE