[monit] Running A Status Check script

From: Morgan, Blaine
Subject: [monit] Running A Status Check script
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:25:45 -0700

Hello Monit users and devs,

I am trying to run a status checking app at regular intervals.  I came
up with the following kludge.

check process MyServerApp with pidfile /blah/MyServerApp.pid
    start program = "/moreBlah/runMyService.init start"
    stop program  = "/moreBlah/runMyService.init stop"
    #The following is a hack to make monit run checkService once a
minute
    #assuming a 30 second cycle time, the else an attempt to avoid a
spurious alert
    if loadavg(5min) > 0 for 2 cycles then
        exec "/moreBlah/checkMyService "
        else if passed 1 times within 1 cycle then exec "/bin/echo nop >
/dev/null"
    depends on MyServerApp.status

check file MyServerApp.status with path /blah/MyServerApp.status
   if timestamp > 5 minutes then restart

This mostly works, but I get a spurious alert every time I restart
Monit.

Resource limit matched Service MyServerApp