[monit] Monit not saving state after restart

From: Paul Dowman
Subject: [monit] Monit not saving state after restart
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:33:50 -0400

Hi, first of all thanks to the monit developers and all the helpful people on this list, you've done a great job! I searched the archives but haven't found the answer to this problem:

If I kill and restart the monit process it doesn't remember which services were being monitored, it thinks they're all in the unmonitored state.

I'm using monit with most of my services marked as "mode manual" because they're not necessarily always running. (The script that starts and stops them does "monit -g <groupname> monitor all".) The one service that's not manual is always monitored again after monit restarts.

The file /root/.monit.state does seem to be updated regularly so I'm guessing that file should contain info about what the state was before restart, is that correct? (btw I gave --localstatedir=/var/run to the configure script but the only file that monit puts in /var/run is the pid file)

Thanks!
Paul