Re: [monit] About dependencies

From: Lars Stavholm
Subject: Re: [monit] About dependencies
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:08:27 +0100

Jovan Kostovski wrote:
> Hi,
> Set the configuration as the following:
> check B
> depends on A
> check C
> depends on A.
>
> The way you've set the rules process A depends on processes B and C.

Thanks very much, that did the trick, works nicely.

However, process A might be a bit of a slow starter,
so when B and C comes along, A is on occasion not up
yet, thus B and/or C (maybe) fails to start. Now, monit
will of course try again, so at some point all three
processes are up and running and monitored. But still:
I've checked most of the documentation looking for a
'wait' or 'delay' option for the start/restart, and
I couldn't find anything. Is there such a thing like
'wait' or 'delay' or 'sleep' or something similar for
process startup(s)?

Any input appreciated
/Lars