[monit] About dependencies

From: Lars Stavholm
Subject: [monit] About dependencies
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 02:17:08 +0100

Hi all,

need a bit of advice on dependencies:

I've got three processes, A, B, and C. B and C depends on A
such that A must be running for B and C to be able to run,
and if A dies, B and C automatically looses connection and
dies, i.e. if A is restarted, B and C need not be restarted
(because they're already dead), but they do, however, need
to be started. I've tried to express this using the monit
depend statement, but it doesn't quite work.

check process A
  depends B
  depends C

Does anyone have any advice for me?
Is the above scenario at all possible to express in monit lingo?

Any input appreciated.

If anyone wonders, it's a piece of client/server software
called LCDproc, where the main process (A = LCDd) serves
an LC display, and B and C are clients connecting to A
to show off some status or similar on the display.

Cheers
/Lars